Embrace East Sussex takes your privacy seriously. We only ask for the information we need, and we’ll only use it for the purposes described below
Who we are
Embrace East Sussex
Units 1 and 2 The Undercroft
20 Wharf Road
Phone Number: 01323 404 775
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Name and contact details (telephone and email)
- Personal details of your child and their siblings
- Your child’s personal (health, education, medical and social care) information
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To complete any necessary paperwork with regard to your child
- To file an appeal with regard to your child
- To register your child for the respite service and to provide care for your child to access our respite service
- To offer you/ your child with support for their educational attainment
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- The Local Authority contacting us regarding your appeal
- The Department of Work and Pensions with regard to filing appeals for Universal Credit, Personal Independence Paperwork or Disability Living Allowance.
- Schools with relation to your child
- Medical practitioners/therapists involved with your child
We use the information that you have given us to do the things stated above.
Your information will only be shared with the parties involved with your child, such as the Local Authority, Social Services, Medical Practitioners, Professional Witnesses, Barristers, and other Legal Experts.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
With regard to third parties that are involved with your childs education, litigation or care, as part of our job we will be required to lease with third parties are time to get the best for your child.
At time we will have to provide them with personal details for your child, this will only be done in the course of the work and under your instructions.
We cannot be held liable for the privacy notices or data protection/GDPR policies of third parties.
When you instruct us we will keep you apprised to who we wish to provide information to, if you object you must inform us. If your consent is removed we will not share the information with the third party concerned. It would be advisable to check the privacy notices of these third parties which should be available on their websites.
When we would obtain those:
- For the respite service
- To provide education
- To provide legal support
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in the locked, fireproof cabinets or securely in the cloud within your child’s file.
We keep your information for three years, after this it will be shredded by a GDPR compliant private company who will provide a certificate to show this has been done securely.
In some circumstances we may be required to keep your child’s information for longer, if this is the case this will be done so electronically and backed up onto the system.
Your data protection rights
Under General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at 01323 404775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk